High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Sazid And Another v. State Of U.P. And Others - WRIT - C No. 66454 of 2006  RD-AH 20723 (7 December 2006)
WP No. 66454 of 2006
Hon'ble Yatindra Singh, J
Hon'ble Ran Vijai Singh, J
1. We have heard the counsel for the petitioners and standing counsel for the respondents.
2. The petitioners have averred in the writ petition that:
They are major and are aged 24 years and 20 years;
Their marriage has been solemnised on 22.11.2006;
They have not married anyone else; and
They are being harassed by the respondents.
3. The petitioners are present in the court and have reiterated the averments in the writ petition. The amount of Mehar has been enhanced from 15 Tola silver to Rs. 50,000/-.
4. In view of above, the writ petition is disposed of with the direction that the respondents may not harass the petitioners. In case there is any criminal or civil case pending or is filed subsequently, then that may be decided in accordance with law without being influenced by any observations made in this order.
5. With these observations the writ petition is disposed of.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.