High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Yusuf Khan And Another v. State Of U.P. And Others - WRIT - C No. 69455 of 2006  RD-AH 21443 (19 December 2006)
Hon'ble Yatindra Singh,J.
Hon'ble Ran Vijai Singh,J.
1. We have heard counsel for petitioners and standing counsel.
2. The petitioners have averred in the writ petition that:
They are major and are aged about 24 years and 19 years.
Their marriage has been solemnized on 16.10.2006;and
They are being harassed by the respondents.
This is the first marriage of the parties.
3. The petitioners are present in the Court and have reiterated the averments in the writ petition.
4. In view of above, the writ petition is disposed of with the direction that the respondents may not harass the petitioners. In case there is any criminal or civil case pending or is filed subsequently, then that may be decided in accordance with law without being influenced by any observations made in this order.
5. In the Nikahanama the mehar has been mentioned as Mehar which is about Rs.5000/-. The petitioner has filed supplementary affidavit in which it is stated that this amount is insufficient and the deponent has now increased the amount of mehar as Rs.1,00,000/-.
6. With these observations, the writ petition is disposed of.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.