High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Janhit Foundation v. Union Of India & Others - PUBLIC INTEREST LITIGATION (PIL) No. - 40031 of 2007  RD-AH 14606 (29 August 2007)
HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
Civil Misc. Writ Petition (PIL) No.40031 of 2007.
Hon'ble H.L.Gokhale, CJ.
Hon'ble Anjani Kumar, J.
Date : 29th August, 2007.
1. Heard Sri K.K. Roy, learned counsel for the petitioner, learned Additional Solicitor General of India for respondents 1 to 4, learned Chief Standing Counsel for respondent no. 5 and Sri K.P. Shukla, learned counsel for respondents 6 and 7.
2. Mr. Roy seeks to delete "President (Corporate Affairs)" representing as respondent no.8. The respondent no. 8 will be retained as Bajaj Eco Pvt. Ltd. as respondent no. 9. The amendment be carried out forthwith.
3. On the next date, learned counsel for the petitioner will give us the names of office bearers of the petitioner's society. Page 76 is the list of major industries discharging their affluent into Hindon River with respect of which the present writ petition has been filed. The U.P. State Pollution Control Board will file counter affidavit placing on record as to what is the position with respect to consent/no objection required for the various environmental laws and whether the same has been obtained by these industries as well as respondents no. 8 and 9.
4. We expect from the U.P. State Pollution Control Board to place on record as to what is the nature of the affluent that are being discharged into the River and whether necessary steps are being taken by the industries before the affluent are discharged into the River and what steps are being taken up to stop this by the Pollution Control Board.
5. The other respondents may file their affidavits. Notice will be issued to respondents no. 8 and 9. It will also file their counter affidavit.
6. The matter will now come up on 19th September, 2007.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.