High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Anand Prakash Agrawal v. Cantonment Executive Officer & Others - CONTEMPT APPEAL (CRIMINAL) No. - 8 of 2006  RD-AH 15287 (11 September 2007)
HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
Contempt Appeal No. 8 Of 2006.
1. Anand Prakash Agrawal,son of Shri Dhan Prakash
Agrawal, r/o 100/2, Thaper Nagar, Meerut.
1. Cantonment Executive Officer, Cantonment
Board, Meerut Cantt, Meerut.
2. President, Cantonment Board, Sarchana Road,
Meerut Cant, Meerut. ........Opp. Parties.
3. Shri Chandra Prakash Jain, s/o Late Sri Sumat
Prasad Jain, r/o 195, Police Street, Meerut Cantt,
4. Shri Vijai Prakash Jain, s/o late Sumat Prasad
Jain, r/o 195, Police Street, Meerut Cantt, Sadar,
5. Smt Pushpa Devi (deceased) ........Proforma Opp. Parties.
Counsel for the appellant : Mr. Pramod Kumar Jain
Counsel for the respondents : Mr. R. N. Singh
Mr. Prashant Mathur
Hon'ble H.L. Gokhale, CJ.
Hon'ble Anjani Kumar,J.
Date: 11th September, 2007
Oral Judgement (Per: H. L. Gokhale, CJ.)
1. None appears for the appellant. The respondents are represented by Mr. R. N. Singh, senior advocate and Mr. Prashant Mathur.
2. So far as the contempt appeal is concerned, the Division Bench of this Court vide its order dated 18th May, 2006 dismissed it by holding that there is no merit in this appeal and had directed that the contempt petition be heard before the learned single Judge sitting in contempt jurisdiction.
3. This contempt appeal was carried up to the Apex Court against the order dated 18th May, 2006, which was withdrawn on 16th March, 2007. The Apex Court has however observed that it will be open to the petitioner to raise before the learned single Judge in the contempt proceeding all the points which he has taken in the Special Leave Petition and the contempt application will be disposed of without being prejudiced by any observation made in the order of the Division Bench. We are informed that the contempt petition is being heard by learned single Judge. That being the position, nothing is required to be done in this matter. It in fact it is already disposed of.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.