High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Aligarh Muslim University Thru' Registrar & Others v. Km. Safina Begum - SPECIAL APPEAL No. - 1208 of 2007  RD-AH 15373 (12 September 2007)
HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
SPECIAL APPEAL NO.1208 OF 2007
1. Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh through its Registrar.
2. Contoller of Examinations & Admission, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh.
3. Principal Women's College Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh.
Mm. Safina Begum D/o Janed Abid Khan, resident of Village Shaukara, Tehsil & Police Station Bilaspur, District Rampur.
Counsel for the Appellants : Sunita Agarwal
Counsel for the Respondent : Haji S. Kamal Akhtar Khan
Hon'ble H.L. Gokhale, C.J.
Hon'ble Anjani Kumar, J.
Date : September 12, 2007
Oral Judgment (Per : H.L. Gokhale, C.J.)
1. Heard Mrs. Agarwal in support of this appeal
2. The respondent wants admission to B.A. Honours course in the appellants' University with Urdu as subject. She has passed her XIIth standard examination from an institute at Rampur which is recognised by the University. The only shortcoming was that mark sheet had to be duly attested by the Principal of the institution. Learned Single Judge has directed her to produce the mark sheet and on her producing the mark sheet, directed the University not to deny her admission.
3. In our view learned Single Judge was right in taking a liberal view. Considering the facts of the case we refuse to interfere.
4. The appeal is dismissed.
Date : 12.9.2007
(Anjani Kumar, J.)
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.