High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Dharmendra Singh v. State Of U.P. & Others - SPECIAL APPEAL DEFECTIVE No. - 798 of 2007  RD-AH 15924 (24 September 2007)
HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD.
Special Appeal (Defective) No. 798 OF 2007.
1. Dharmendra Singh, S/o Sri Rajendra Singh,
R/o village Patti, Post Vinaura, District Kannauj.
1. State of U.P., through its Secretary, Child
Nourishments and Development Department,
U.P. Govt., Lucknow.
2. Zila Siksha Samiti, through its President/District
3. Gram Shiksha Samiti, through its Chairman Gram
Panchayat Patti (Tilsara), Block Umarda, Tehsil
Titra, District - Kannauj.
4. Zila Basic Siksha Adhikari, Kannauj.
5. Assistant Basic Education Officer, Kannauj.
6. Rajani Shukla, W/o Late Atul Kumar Shukla,
R/o village Turkipurva Chhaittar Singh Block
Auraiya, District Auraiya.
Counsel for the Appellant : Mr. K.S. Rathor
Counsel for the Respondents : Mr. G.C. Upadhyaya
Hon'ble H.L. Gokhale, CJ.
Hon'ble Anjani Kumar, J.
Date: September 24, 2007.
Oral Judgement (Per : H.L. Gokhale, CJ)
1. Heard Mr. K.S. Rathor in support of this appeal.
2. The appellant-petitioner was one of the candidates for the post of 'Shiksha Mitra' in the village where the respondent no. 6 has been selected. Learned counsel for the appellant submitted that the post in question is in district Kannauj and since the respondent no. 6, the contesting respondent was married to a person in district Auraiya, she could not be considered on the said post.
3. In the facts and circumstances of the case that the respondent no. 6 is a widow and after the death of her husband, she is living with her parents in district Kannauj. This being the position, there is nothing wrong in her application being considered. The learned single Judge was therefore right in dismissing the writ petition.
4. The special appeal is accordingly dismissed.
Date : 24.09.2007.
(Anjani Kumar, J.)
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.