High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Ashok Kumar Jayant v. State Of U.P. & Others - SPECIAL APPEAL No. - 1278 of 2007  RD-AH 15970 (25 September 2007)
HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD.
Special Appeal No. 1278 of 2007.
1. Ashok Kumar Jayant, Son of Late Shri
Pitambar Singh, Resident of Village Nagla
Baraula, District Aligarh, presently posted
as Head Clerk in the office of Urban Land
Ceiling, Aligarh. .....Appellant.
1. State of U.P., through its Secretary, Department
of Housing and Urban Planning Anubhag-6,
Government of U.P., Lucknow.
2. The Director, Directorate of Urban Land
Ceiling, Jawahar Bhawan, Lucknow.
3. The Competent Authority/Officer In-charge
Urban Land Ceiling, Aligarh.
4. The district Magistrate, Aligarh.
Counsel for the Appellant : Mr. Mansoor Ahmad
Counsel for the Respondents : Mr. G.C. Upadhyaya
Hon'ble H.L. Gokhale, CJ.
Hon'ble Anjani Kumar, J.
Date : September 25, 2007.
Oral Judgment (Per : H.L. Gokhale, CJ.)
1. Heard Mr. Mansoor Ahmad in support of this appeal and learned Standing Counsel appears for respondents.
2. The appellant-petitioner is working as Head Clerk (Senior Assistant) in the office of Urban Land Ceiling, Aligarh. He has been transferred from Aligarh to Meerut. Aggrieved by the order of transfer, he filed writ petition before this Court. Learned single Judge has dismissed the writ petition. Against the order of learned single Judge, the appellant-petitioner filed the present appeal.
3. We do not find any reason to interfere with the order of learned single Judge, as the transfer is an exigency of services. The special appeal is accordingly dismissed.
Date : 25.09.2007.
(Anjani Kumar, J)
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.