High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Dharmendra Pratap Singh & Another v. District Magistrate Mainpuri & Others - PUBLIC INTEREST LITIGATION (PIL) No. - 45332 of 2007  RD-AH 16142 (1 October 2007)
HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD.
Civil Misc. Writ Petition (PIL) No.45332 of 2007.
1. Dharmendra Pratap Singh, S/o Vijaypal Singh,
Gram-Deviganj, Post-Chaoriapur, District
2. Vijay Bahadur Khati, S/o Banvari Lal Khatik
3. Divari Lal, S/o Matadin
4. Maharam, S/o Aajudha
5. Asharam Sambh, S/o Maniram Sambh
6. Kuldeep, S/o Manni Singh
7. Shiv Kumar, S/o Puttu Singh
8. Rajendra Singh, S/o Puttu Singh
9. Aavnesh Singh, S/o Puttu Singh
10. Wahid Khan, S/o Siddiqui
11. Majnu Khan, S/o Siddiqui
12. Habib Khan, S/o Siddiqui
13. Chandrabhan Singh
14. Salik Ram, S/o Katori Lal
15. Asha Ram, S/o Mani Ram
16. Arun Kumar
17. Jitendra Singh, S/o Munshi Singh
18. Gajendra Singh, S/o Munshi Singh
19. Balwant Singh, S/o Surendra Singh
20. Vimal Kumar, S/o Surendra Singh
21. Rajendra Singh, S/o Munshi Singh
22. Shobha Ram, S/o Banshi
23. Ram Singh Bhadauria, S/o Hambi Singh,
(All Residence of Village Deviganj, Post-
Chauraipur, District Mainpuri).
1. District Magistrate, Mainpuri.
2. State of U.P., through Chief Secretary, Govt.
of U.P., Lucknow.
3. Amar Singh Yadav Kanoon Go, Mauja
Chaoriapur, District Mainpuri.
4. Shri K.C. Yadav Lekhpal, Mauja Chaoriapur,
5. Shri Ravi Yadav Lekhpal, Mauja Chaoriapur,
6. S.D.M., Bhogaon, District Mainpuri.
Counsel for the Petitioners : Mr. Ranjit Saxena
Counsel for the Respondents : Mr. Y.K. Srivastava
Hon'ble H.L. Gokhale, CJ.
Hon'ble Anjani Kumar, J.
Date : October 1, 2007
Oral Judgement (Per : H.L. Gokhale, CJ)
1. Heard Mr. Ranjit Saxena in support of this petition and Sri Y.K. Srivastava, learned Standing Counsel appears for respondents.
2. Mr. Srivastava, learned Standing Counsel states that the writ petition seeks completion of certain proceedings under Section 198 (4) of U.P. Zamindari Abolition and Land Reforms Act, 1950 for cancellation of 229 Pattas (parcels of land). Mr. Srivastava further points out that appropriate proceedings are pending before the Collector concerned.
3. We direct the respondents authorities that the proceedings be decided expeditiously. With the aforesaid direction, this writ petition stands disposed of.
Date : 01.10.2007.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.