High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Smt. Abha Pandey D/O Sri Prahlad Pandey v. State Of U.P. Thru' Principal Secretary & Others - SPECIAL APPEAL DEFECTIVE No. - 406 of 2007  RD-AH 16193 (1 October 2007)
HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD.
Special Appeal (Defective) No. 406 of 2007.
Smt. Abha Pandey Vs. State of U.P. and others.
Hon'ble H.L. Gokhale, CJ.
Hon'ble Anjani Kumar, J.
Date : October 10, 2007.
1. Heard the appellant, who is present in person and Mr. P.K. Pandey, learned Standing Counsel for the respondents. Mr. Prashant Kumar, Deputy Inspector General of Police (Establishment), and Smt. Neeti Sharma, Deputy Superintendent of Police (Legal cell) Allahabad, U.P. are present in Court.
2. Further an affidavit is filed by Smt. Neeti Sharma in pursuance of our previous order. This affidavit states in paragraph 2 that police department has sought approval from the Director General of Police, U.P. to conduct the preliminary written test for ranker's promotion for the post of Sub-Inspector in January, 2008 and such an examination will be held. On an enquiry from the Court, we are informed that there will be 419 seats available for this examination on the basis of vacancies worked out up to 2001.
3. We are also informed that in addition to 419 vacancies, there are 1489 vacancies, which includes the projected vacancies which are likely to occur by June, 2008, which also are required to be filled in. They have arisen on account of not holding the selection from the year 2002 onwards. We are further informed that a proposal has been sent for holding the examination for selection for these 1489 vacancies. Mr. Pandey states that if the clearance is given earlier, the examination for selection could also be held. He further states that if possible, the examination for selection for this purpose, will be held together. That will be much more desirable. On the request of Mr. Pandey, we adjourn this appeal to 24th October, 2007 to make a statement as to when the combined examination will be held.
4. As far as the failure of the appellant in the examination, which she had given earlier is concerned, the respondents have shown us the marks which reveals that she has obtained marks in the written test as well as in the interview much less than the last successful candidate and therefore there is no question of interfering in that matter.
5. The matter may be listed on 24th October, 2007 in the supplementary list as fresh. Both the above officers concerned will remain present on that date i.e. 24th October, 2007.
Date : 10.10.2007.
Rks (Chief Justice)
(Anjani Kumar, J)
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.