High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Shanker Prasad v. State Of U.P. & Others - SPECIAL APPEAL No. - 1414 of 2007  RD-AH 16912 (25 October 2007)
HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
CIVIL APPELLATE JURISDICTION
Special Appeal No. 1414 of 2007
Shanker son of Budhsen, resident of village Danapur,
Post-Dibai, District Bulandshahar
1. State of U.P., through its Principal Secretary, Forest Department, Government of U.P., Lucknow.
2. The Principal Chief Conservator of Forest, 17 Rana Pratap Marg, Lucknow.
3. Divisional Forest Officer, Divisional Director, Social Forestry, Bulandshahar.
4. The Conservator of Forest, Meerut Circle, Meerut.
5. The Chief Conservator of Forest Social Forestry Western Zone, Bareilly.
Present : Smt. Sarita Shukla, for the Appellant,
Standing Counsel, for the State-Respondents.
Coram: Hon'ble H.L. Gokhale, CJ.
Hon'ble Pankaj Mithal, J.
Oral Judgement (Per: H.L. Gokhale, CJ.)
1. Heard Ms. Sarita Shukla, learned counsel for the appellant and learned Standing counsel for the State.
2. The appellant is working in Forest Department as class IV employee on daily wages. He filed a petition seeking his regularization and appropriate pay. The matter was given consideration into depth by the learned Single Judge who has looked into the law including the recent judgment rendered in Secretary, State of Karnataka and others Vs. Uma Devi (3) and others, (2006 )4 SCC-1 and has noted that the appellant was unable to show on which post he was working and further that he could not point that he was shouldering the same responsibility which was being shouldered by a regular and a permanent employee.
3. In the circumstances the prayer for regularization and payment of regular salary was not accepted and the petition was dismissed.
4. We do not find any infirmity in the reasoning of the learned single Judge. The appeal is dismissed.
(Chief Justice )
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.