High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Ratan Singh Yadav v. State Of U.P. & Others - SPECIAL APPEAL No. - 1567 of 2007  RD-AH 18161 (21 November 2007)
HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
Special Appeal No. 1567 of 2007
Ratan Singh Yadav vs. State of U.P. and others
Hon'ble Pankaj Mithal,J
Date: November 21, 2007
Oral Judgement (Per:H.L.Gokhale,CJ)
1. Heard Mr. Kripa Shankar Singh in support of this appeal and Mr. Abhinav Upadhyay, learned Standing Counsel learned Standing Counsel for the respondents.
2. The appellant is a police officer who has been suspended pending the departmental enquiry. The grievance of the appellant is that he should not have been suspended. That decision is to be taken by the departmental authorities looking into the seriousness of the charges. The learned Single Judge has declined to interfere with the order of suspension.
3. The only thing which we can say is that the departmental authorities should complete the proceedings at the earliest.
4. Mr. Upadhyay, learned Standing Counsel for the State makes a statement that if the appellant cooperates, the enquiry can be completed expeditiously.
5. Mr. Singh, learned counsel for the appellant wants inspection of some documents and copies thereof. The same may be provided as permissible under the rules.
6. The learned Single Judge has already directed that the enquiry be completed within a period of three months. We do not find any error in the order under appeal. The appeal is dismissed.
RK/ (Chief Justice)
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.