High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Anil Kumar And Another v. State Of U.P. Adn Others - PUBLIC INTEREST LITIGATION (PIL) No. - 56551 of 2007  RD-AH 18237 (23 November 2007)
HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
CIVIL APPELLATE JURISDICTION
Civil Misc. Public Interest Litigation No. 56551 of 2007
Anil Kumar and another
State of U.P. & others
Coram: Hon'ble H.L. Gokhale, CJ.
Hon'ble Pankaj Mithal, J.
Present : Rajesh Kumar Yadav, counsel for the petitioners
V. S. Awasthi, counsel for the respondents No. 2 to 4.
Oral Judgement (Per: H.L. Gokhale, CJ.)
1. Heard learned counsel for the petitioner. Sri Awasthi appears for the respondent Nos. 2 to 4.
2. The petitioners claim to be contractors and social workers working under NOIDA. They are making grievance about the office order dated 26.9.2007 issued by the NOIDA. Under this order the contractors are told that the junior engineers working under them will have to be paid certain wages which are at par with the employees of greater NOIDA.
3. The grievance of the petitioners is that these juniors have been authorised to make entries in the measurement book. They are the employees of the contractor and this measurement will be entered by the employees of the contractor. The apprehension is that they may make false entry. As far as that part is concerned the very order says the work of making entry is subject to the supervision of assistant engineers of the NOIDA.
4. Therefore, it is not a matter where at the instance of third party the court should interfere.
5. We however, make it clear that since the work of making entries in the measurement book has been entrusted to the junior engineers of the contractor, the supervisors of the NOIDA will have to be very careful in examining and finalising those entries.
6. Petition disposed of.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.