High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Virendra Singh Chandel v. State Of U.P. & Others - SPECIAL APPEAL No. - 1599 of 2007  RD-AH 18364 (27 November 2007)
HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
CIVIL APPELLATE JURISDICTION
Special Appeal No. 1599 of 2007
Virendra Singh Chandel
State of U.P. and others
Hon'ble H.L. Gokhale, C.J.
Hon'ble Pankaj Mithal, J.
1. Heard Mr. S.P. Pandey in support of this appeal.
2. The appellant is working as Revenue Inspector-II in Nagar Nigam, Agra. He has been suspended. The suspension order has been passed by the Commissioner, Nagar Nigam, Agra. The suspension order was challenged in a writ petition. The petition has been dismissed by the learned Single Judge.
3. In this appeal Mr. Pandey submits that the appellant is not responsible for the alleged overwriting in the assessment notice. It is the responsibility of some other sub-ordinate employee. He further makes a grievance against the Commissioner, Nagar Nigam.
4. As far as the allegation against the petitioner are concerned he must meet the same in the departmental inquiry. The allegations made against the Commissioner are not relevant and cannot vitiate the suspension order.
5. We may however, observe that the inquiry will be completed at the earliest, preferably within a period of 4 months from the date of receipt of this order provided the appellant cooperates with the inquiry. In the event the appellant does not cooperate with the inquiry the time will get extended. However, if the appellant cooperates and the inquiry is not completed within time stipulated the respondents will revoke the order of suspension.
6. The appeal is dismissed with the above observations.
(Pankaj Mithal, J)
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.