High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Vinod Kumar Yadav v. Superintendent Of Police, Ghazipur - SPECIAL APPEAL No. - 1605 of 2007  RD-AH 18439 (28 November 2007)
HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
Special Appeal No. 1605 of 2007
Vinod Kumar Yadav Vs. Superintendent of Police, Ghazipur.
Coram: Hon'ble H.L. Gokhale, C.J.
Hon'ble Pankaj Mithal, J.
Date: Dt: 28.11.2007
1. Heard Sri A. K. Singh in support of this appeal and Sri Girish Chandra Upadhyay, Standing Counsel for the State.
2. The appellant has been discontinued after his selection as police constable on the ground that he had given false caste certificate. The petition filed by the appellant was dismissed, hence, this appeal.
3. Sri Singh pointed out that after discontinuation of his appointment he has obtained the caste certificate from the competent authority and according to him the earlier one was also not a fabricated document.
4. An appeal is available against the order passed by the police authorities to the higher authorities of the department under Rule 20 of the U.P. Police Officers of the Subordinate Ranks (Punishment and Appeal) Rules, 1991.
5. Sri Singh seeks to withdraw this appeal. He also seeks to withdraw the petition. Both the appeal and petition are dismissed as withdrawn.
6. In the event the departmental appeal is filed, the respondent may not reject the same on the ground of delay for the reason the appellant was prosecuting this appeal in this Court.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.