High Court of Punjab and Haryana, Chandigarh
Case Law Search
Dulla Singh v. State of Punjab - CRM-48892-M-2006  RD-P&H 7549 (21 September 2006)
Crl. Misc. No. 48892-M of 2006
DATE OF DECISION : 29.09.2006
State of Punjab
CORAM :- HON'BLE MR. JUSTICE SATISH KUMAR MITTAL
Present: Mr. H.N.S. Gill, Advocate,
for the petitioner.
Mr. N.S. Gill, AAG, Punjab.
* * *
Petitioner Dulla Singh has filed this petition under Section 439 of the Code of Criminal Procedure for the grant of regular bail in case FIR No. 3 dated 2.1.2006 under Section 304-B IPC, registered at Police Station Dirba, District Sangrur.
2. I have heard counsel for the parties and gone through the contents of the FIR as well as the order dated 2.5.2006, passed by Sessions Judge, Sangrur, whereby bail application of the petitioner has been dismissed.
3. In the aforesaid FIR, it has been alleged that the petitioner along with other accused also maltreated the deceased on account of demand of dowry. He is in custody since 16.1.2006.
4. Counsel for the petitioner contends that the petitioner is uncle of husband of the deceased. He along with his family is living separately.
His ration card has also been placed on record as Annexure P-1. Counsel further contends that along with the husband, brother-in-law and mother-in- law of the deceased, the petitioner has been implicated in this case and they are in custody.
5. Counsel for the respondent-State has not disputed the fact that the petitioner along with his family is living separately.
6. Keeping in view the aforesaid facts, without commenting on the merits of the case, I deem it appropriate to grant bail to the petitioner and he is, accordingly, ordered to be released on bail subject to his furnishing bail bonds to the satisfaction of the trial court.
September 29, 2006 ( SATISH KUMAR MITTAL ) ndj JUDGE
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.