High Court of Punjab and Haryana, Chandigarh
Case Law Search
Paramjit Singh & Anr. v. State of Punjab - CRM-6336-M-1998  RD-P&H 672 (19 January 2007)
Crl. Misc. No.6336-M of 1998
DATE OF DECISION:24.1.2007
Paramjit Singh & Anr. ..........Petitioners Versus
State of Punjab ..........Respondent
CORAM:- HON'BLE MR. JUSTICE SATISH KUMAR MITTAL
Present:- Shri Sunil Chadha, Advocate
for the petitioners.
Shri N.S. Gill, AAG, Punjab.
The petitioners, who are accused in case FIR No. 11 dated 29.1.1998 under Sections 419,420,465,467,468,471 and 120-B IPC, registered at Police Station Division No.6, Ludhiana have filed this petition under Section 482 Cr.P.C., in the year 1998, for modification of the order dated 23.2.1998, whereby, they were granted anticipatory bail in the aforesaid case by Additional Sessions Judge, Ludhiana. While granting the anticipatory bail to the petitioners, the Additional Sessions Judge has imposed the following six conditions:-
"1. They will assist in the investigation;
2. will not leave State of Punjab without permission of Ilaqa Magistrate;
3. they will appear before police whenever required;
4. they will not tamper with evidence;
5. this order will be valid for three weeks within which they will apply for regular bail to Ilaqa Magistrate;
6. police will be at liberty to obtain police remand". When the notice of motion was issued on 17.3.1998, operation of conditions No. 5 and 6 was stayed and thereafter the matter could not be taken up.
I have been informed by the State counsel on instructions from Dharam Singh, Head Constable that now the trial is going on and the petitioners had furnished their bail bonds and challan was filed on 13.3.1999 and since then both the petitioners are regularly appearing.
In view of the aforesaid facts, the interim order dated 17.3.1998 is made absolute.
Petition disposed of accordingly.
However, the trial Court is further directed to expedite the trial.
January 24, 2007 (SATISH KUMAR MITTAL)
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.