High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SUNNY PAUL, AGED 45 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY PUBLIC - Bail Appl No. 5605 of 2006  RD-KL 1062 (11 October 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 5605 of 2006()
1. SUNNY PAUL, AGED 45 YEARS,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY PUBLIC
For Petitioner :SRI.S.RAJEEV
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice J.M.JAMES
O R D E R
J.M.JAMES, J.B.A. 5605/2006
DATED THIS THE 11TH DAY OF OCTOBER, 2006
O R D E RThe petitioner is before this Court, as he apprehends arrest in crime No.5/2005 of Thrissur West Police Station, for the offence punishable under Sections 465, 468 and 471 IPC, for he had furnished false information before the authorities, after purchasing a stolen vehicle with forged documents. The counsel for the petitioner, on the other hand, submits that he was on the bonafide belief that the vehicle was a genuine one and the documents, including the R.C book, were also genuine, for that document was used for pledging the vehicle with the bank. It was on the strength of those records, he had filed the affidavit before the authorities.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor, however, submits that the petitioner also had produced false documents, including the copy of the NCRB website, containing the particulars of the vehicle dated 17.8.2004, B.A.5605/2006 2 which the prosecution finds as false.
3. Without entering into any discussion on the merit of the matter, after hearing both sides, I direct the petitioner to surrender before the Investigating Officer, who is investigating crime No.5/2005 of Thrissur West Police station, on 18.10.2006 between 9.30 a.m and 10.00 a.m.
4. The Investigating Officer shall interrogate the petitioner and thereafter, produce him before the Court below, on the same day itself.
5. The learned Magistrate shall hear both sides and, if the custodial application is not filed by the Investigating Officer, the petitioner shall be released on bail, on imposing such conditions, as are deemed necessary. If such an application is filed, appropriate orders shall be passed on merit. The application is disposed of as above. J.M.JAMES
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.