High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
P.R. ARAVINDAKSHAN NAIR v. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY - Bail Appl No. 6084 of 2006  RD-KL 1159 (16 October 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 6084 of 2006()
1. P.R. ARAVINDAKSHAN NAIR,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY
For Petitioner :SRI.P.N.PURUSHOTHAMA KAIMAL
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice J.M.JAMES
O R D E R
J.M.JAMES, J.B.A. 6084/2006
DATED THIS THE 16TH DAY OF OCTOBER, 2006
O R D E RThe petitioner is before this Court, under Section 438 Cr.P.C., as he is accused of the offence punishable under Section 420 IPC and also under Sections 136, 137, 138 and 150 of the Electricity Act, 2003, in crime No.326/2005 of Pala Police Station.
2. The prosecution alleges that the petitioner had changed the C.Ts, provided under the ratio of 100/5A, with C.Ts at the ratio of 30/5A, which would bring the multiplication factor, according to the K.S.E.B, from 20 to only 6. Thus, it is the allegation of the K.S.E.B that there is a theft of electrical energy.
3. The counsel, appearing for the petitioner, had placed before me, the details available in the inspection report of the Additional Chief Electrical Inspector, dated 29.9.2006, the site mahazar prepared on 8.6.2005 and also the details of the F.I.R. It is further submitted by the B.A.6084/2006 2 counsel that the installation of C.Ts 30/5A was done by the K.S.E.B itself, and not by the petitioner.
4. After hearing both sides and considering the materials that are available before me, I direct the petitioner to surrender before the Investigating Officer, who is investigating crime No.326/2005 of Pala Police Station, on 25.10.2006 at 10.00 a.m.
5. The Investigating Officer shall interrogate the petitioner and in the event of his arrest, he shall be released on bail, on he executing a bond for Rs.20,000/-, with two solvent sureties, each for the like sum, to the satisfaction of the Investigating Officer, arresting him.
6. The petitioner shall appear before the Investigating Officer, as and when required, for the purpose of the completion of the investigation. The application is disposed of as above. J.M.JAMES
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.