High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
VALSAMMA M.P. PART TIME SWEEPER v. THE SECRETARY - WP(C) No. 26648 of 2005(V)  RD-KL 1678 (20 November 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 26648 of 2005(V)
1. VALSAMMA M.P. PART TIME SWEEPER,
2. J.SREERAJ, PART TIME SWEEPER,
3. BEENA.P.R. PART TIME SWEEPER,
1. THE SECRETARY,
2. THE DEVASWOM COMMISSIONER,
3. THE CHIEF ENGINEER (GEN),
For Petitioner :SRI.M.P.MADHAVANKUTTY
For Respondent :SRI.M.K.CHANDRAMOHAN DAS,SC,TDB
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.K.DENESAN
O R D E R
K.K.DENESAN, J.WP(C)No. 26648 OF 2005
Dated this the 20th November, 2006.
Heard the counsel for the petitioners and the standing counsel for the respondents.
2. The petitioners are Part Time Sweepers working in the Devaswom Works Department. In the normal course they are entitled to be promoted to the full time posts and thereafter to the post of Lascar. In the Devaswom Wing there are better promotional avenues than the Works Department, but the petitioners are not given appointment in the Devaswom wing. On the other hand, those working in the Devaswom wing are given inter unit transfer to the Devaswom Works Department thereby affecting even the meagre promotional avenues available to the Part Time Sweepers like the petitioners. Against the above action of the respondent-Board, this writ petition has been filed.
3. In the statement submitted on behalf of the respondent-Board it is stated that a list of Part Time Sweepers in the Maramath wing of the Devaswom Board is maintained and that persons who are working in the Devaswom wing will not be transferred to the Devaswom Works WPC 26648/2005 2 Department as apprehended by the petitioners. The above statement is recorded and the writ petition is disposed of. K.K.DENESAN Judge jj
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.