High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
P.B.SURESH KUMAR v. KERALA STATE ELECTRICITY BOARD - WP(C) No. 30332 of 2006(J)  RD-KL 2022 (28 November 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 30332 of 2006(J)
1. P.B.SURESH KUMAR,
1. KERALA STATE ELECTRICITY BOARD,
2. THE CHIEF ENGINEER (H.R.M.),
3. THE DEPUTY CHIEF ENGINEER,
4. THE DEPUTY CHIEF ENGINEER,
5. THE EXECUTIVE ENGINEER,
For Petitioner :DR.K.P.SATHEESAN
For Respondent :SRI.K.S.ANIL, SC, KSEB
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.K.DENESAN
O R D E R
K.K.DENESAN, J.WP(C)No. 30332 OF 2006
Dated this the 28th November, 2006.
The grievance of the petitioner pertains to non-payment of emoluments to him from 1.6.2005 onwards. He belongs to the category of Lineman Gr.I. It is stated that he had applied for leave for a period of 300 days on medical grounds and on the expiry of the leave availed he joined duty on 21.4.2004. Emoluments were paid for a few months since his resigning duty but abruptly the respondents stopped payment from 1.6.2005 onwards. According to the petitioner the respondents are in search of the papers relating to the leave applied for by the petitioner and awaiting final orders in the leave application, salary for the period for which the petitioner has in fact worked is also withheld.
2. Legal Liaison Officer submits that the Board has no objection in disbursing the salary for the period the petitioner has in fact discharged his duties. Therefore, the petitioner is entitled to get salary from 1.6.2005 onwards. Legal Liaison Officer further submits that salary from July 2006 onwards is being paid. If that is so, the petitioner shall be paid arrears of salary from 1.6.2005 till 30.6.2005. WPC 30332/2006 2
3. There shall be an order directing the respondents to work out the emoluments due to the petitioner for the above period and draw and disburse the amount to the petitioner, as early as possible. This shall be done within one month. Writ petition is disposed of accordingly. K.K.DENESAN Judge jj
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.