High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SATHEESH v. STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 6998 of 2006  RD-KL 2047 (28 November 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 6998 of 2006()
1. SATHEESH, AGED 37 YEARS,
1. STATE OF KERALA,
For Petitioner :SRI.K.MADHUSOODHANAN NAIR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO.6998 OF 2006
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 28th DAY OF NOVEMBER, 2006
O R D E RPetitioner seeks anticipatory bail on the allegation that the Adoor Police is after him in connection with Crime No.770/06 of Adoor Police Station, for offences punishable under sectioins 143, 148, 447, 323 and 307 read with section 149 IPC.
2. Learned Public Prosecutor on instructions submitted that the petitioner has not been arraigned as an accused in the above case and that the Police are still making enquiries as to the persons other than accused 1 and 2 who were in the company of accused 1 and 2 when the defacto complainant was attacked on 4.11.2006. This will indicate that the apprehension entertained by the petitioner is well founded. Accordingly, I am inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioner. A direction is therefore issued to the Investigating Officer to release the petitioner on bail for a period of one month in the event of his arraignment as an accused or arrest in connection with the above crime, on the petitioner executing a bond for Rs.10,000/- with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the said officer and subject to the following conditions: B.A.NO.6998/06 Page numbers
1. Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer.
3. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
5. Petitioner shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.