High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
P.P. VASU v. STATE OF KERALA - WP(C) No. 199 of 2006(W)  RD-KL 213 (13 July 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 199 of 2006(W)
1. P.P. VASU, SECRETARY (RETIRED)
1. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY
2. JOINT REGISTRAR OF CO-OPERATIVE
3. NANMINDA CO-OPERATIVE RURAL BANK LTD.,
For Petitioner :SRI.P.P.JACOB
For Respondent :SRI.T.R.RAMACHANDRAN NAIR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.THANKAPPAN
O R D E R
K.THANKAPPAN, J.W.P.(C)NO. 199 OF 2006
Dated this the 13th day of July, 2006
The petitioner seeks to quash Ext.P9 order passed by the second respondent by which the claim of the petitioner for time bound grade promotion was rejected.
2. According to the petitioner, he is entitled for time bound grade promotion. The petitioner approached this Court by filing W.P.(C)No.20904 of 2003 and this Court as per Ext.P8 judgment directed the second respondent to reconsider the case of the petitioner. A similar issue was considered in O.P.No.24283 of 1998. The grievance of the petitioner is that inspite of Ext.P8 judgment, the second respondent passed Ext.P9 order rejecting his claim.
3. A reading of the impugned order would show that the second respondent neither considered nor understood Ext.P8 judgment. Ext.P9 order was passed without application of mind and hence it is liable to be quashed. W.P.(C)NO.199/2006 2 Ext.P9 is accordingly quashed and the second respondent is directed to consider the matter afresh and pass appropriate orders in the light of Ext.P8 judgment. This shall be done within two months from the date of receipt of a copy of this judgment. The Writ Petition is disposed of as above.
(K.THANKAPPAN, JUDGE)sp/ W.P.(C)NO.199/2006 3
13TH JULY, 2006 W.P.(C)NO.199/2006 4
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.