High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
MALABAR DEVASWOM STAFF UNION v. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY ITS - WP(C) No. 30083 of 2003(F)  RD-KL 2421 (4 December 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 30083 of 2003(F)
1. MALABAR DEVASWOM STAFF UNION
2. P.MURALEEDHARAN, SECRETARY, MALABAR
1. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY ITS
2. COMMISSIONER, HINDU RELIGIOUS AND
For Petitioner :SRI.M.RAMESH CHANDER
For Respondent :GOVERNMENT PLEADER
The Hon'ble the Chief Justice MR.V.K.BALI The Hon'ble MR. Justice S.SIRI JAGAN
O R D E R
V.K.Bali,C.J. & S.Siri Jagan,J.W.P.(C).Nos.30083 of 2003-F, 25172 of 2003-V & 4211 of 2004-B
Dated, this the 4th day of December, 2006
V.K.Bali,C.J. (Oral) By this common order, we propose to dispose of three connected matters, i.e. W.P.(C).Nos.30083 of 2003, 25172 of 2003 and 4211 of 2004.
2. In the present writs filed under Article 226 of the
Constitution of India, the prayer is
to direct the respondents to
implement direction No.12 given by this Court in the judgment
July, 1994 passed in O.P.No.214 of 1992-S (Exhibit
P1), which reads as follows:
"In view of our finding that inequality is writ large on the face of the Madras Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Act in its application to the former Malabar District the Act is likely to suffer a serious and successful challenge in case that inequality is not removed by appropriate legislation. We grant a period of one year for this purpose". WP(C).No.30083/2003, etc.
3. Mr.M.R.Sabu, learned Senior Government Pleader states that the Government has already moved so as to comply with the direction reproduced above and a Bill is likely to be introduced for that purpose in the State Legislative Assembly as expeditiously as possible. In view of the statement made by the learned Government Pleader, these matters are closed with an observation that the Government would expedite the matter. I.A.No.12109 of 2003 in W.P.(C).No.25172 of 2003 does not survive. V.K.Bali Chief Justice S.Siri Jagan Judge vku/-
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.