High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
OMANA v. STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 7138 of 2006  RD-KL 2434 (4 December 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 7138 of 2006()
1. OMANA, AGED 42 YEARS,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.V.V.NANDAGOPAL NAMBIAR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.B.A.No. 7138 OF 2006
DATED THIS THE 4TH DAY OF DECEMBER, 2006
O R D E RPetitioner, a lady and the sole accused in Crime No.82/06 of Edathua Police Station for offences punishable under sections 489B and 489C involving seizure of 72 counterfeit notes of 100 rupee denomination and who was arrested on 1.10.2006, seeks bail.
2. Having regard to the duration of judicial custody of the petitioner, who is a lady, and the present stage of investigation of the petitioner, I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner subject to certain conditions. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail on her executing a bond for Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees Twenty thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M.,Ambalappuzha and subject to the following conditions:
1. The petitioner shall make herself available for interrogation as and when required by the Police.
2. The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. B.A.7138/06 Page numbers
3. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall she attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to her shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.