High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
KAMALAKSHA v. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE - Bail Appl No. 7164 of 2006  RD-KL 2532 (5 December 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 7164 of 2006()
1. KAMALAKSHA, S/O. NARAYANA,
1. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
2. STATE REP. BY PUBLIC PROSECUTOR,
For Petitioner :SRI.T.G.RAJENDRAN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.BAIL APPLICATION No. 7164 OF 2006
DATED THIS THE 5TH DAY OF DECEMBER, 2006
O R D E RIn this Petition filed under Sec. 439 Cr.P.C. the petitioner who is the first accused in Crime No.294/06 of Kumbla Police Station for an offence punishable under Section 8(2) of the Abkari Act, for having been found in possession of 240 liters of Karnataka arrack in 2400 packets on 19.10.2006, seeks his enlargement on bail. The petitioner was arrested on the same day.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor. The learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. I am not satisfied that both the grounds enumerated under Clause (b)(ii) of Sec. 41 A of the Abkari Act are present in this case so as to justify the release of the petitioner on bail. This application is accordingly dismissed.
V.RAMKUMAR, JUDGE.dsn/- B.A.NO. Page numbers
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.