High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
ANEESH BABU, S/O. MOIDEEN v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 7210 of 2006  RD-KL 2743 (7 December 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 7210 of 2006()
1. ANEESH BABU, S/O. MOIDEEN,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.K.P.MUJEEB
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No.7210 of 2006
DATED: DECEMBER 7, 2006
O R D E RPetitioner who is the 2nd accused in Crime No.797/2006 of Mannarkkad Police Station for offences punishable under Secs.143, 147, 353 and 307 read with sec.149 I.P.C., seeks bail. The occurrence took place on 24.10.2006 at 7.30 p.m. when the accused persons are alleged to have stopped the vehicles passing along the Nellipuzha National Highway and extorted money from the passengers and drivers of the vehicles. The petitioner was arrested on 24.10.2006.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application submitting inter alia that the petitioner is an accused in a similar crime and that the bail application of the 3rd accused was dismissed by this court as recent as on 4.12.2006..
3. The petitioner has been in custody now for 45 days. If ultimately the petitioner is found guilty, he may deserve condign punishment for the same. The fact that the petitioner is involved in another crime also is no reason to continue his pre-trial incarceration. The interests of the prosecution can also be adequately safeguarded Bail A.No.7210/2006 -:2:- by imposing appropriate conditions to ensure that the petitioner is made available for trial. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail on his executing a bond for Rs. 15,000/- (Rupees fifteen thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M., Mannarkkad, and subject to the following conditions:-
1. The petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays and Saturdays.
2. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
3. The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.