High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SIBISH M. v. STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 7259 of 2006  RD-KL 2852 (7 December 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 7259 of 2006()
1. SIBISH M.,
1. STATE OF KERALA,
For Petitioner :SRI.P.A.NOOR MUHAMMED
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No.7259/2006
DATED: DECEMBER 7, 2006
O R D E Rpetitioner who is the 1st accused in Crime No.948/2006 of Kundara Police Station for offences punishable under Secs.143, 147, 148, 323, 324, 326 and 308 read with sec.149 I.P.C., seeks anticipatory bail.
2. Even though the learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application, having regard to the fact that admittedly the petitioner was not weilding any weapon and that he is an employee of the Kollam Branch of the ICICI Bank, I am inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioner.
3. Accordingly, a direction is issued to the officer-in-charge of the police station concerned to release the petitioner on bail for a period of one month in the event of his arrest in connection with the above case on each of them executing a bond for Rs. 10,000/- (Ten thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the said officer and subject to the following conditions:-
1. Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays. Bail A.No.7259/2006 -:2:-
2. Petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer.
3. Petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
5. Petitioner shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.