High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
ABDUL HAFIS, AGED 30 v. STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 7118 of 2006  RD-KL 3013 (11 December 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 7118 of 2006()
1. ABDUL HAFIS, AGED 30,
1. STATE OF KERALA,
For Petitioner :SRI.M.ASOKAN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bail Application NO. 7118 of 2006
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
O R D E RPetitioner who is the 2nd accused in Crime No. 144/2006 of Kenichira Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 323, 366(A), 376 (g) and 506(1) read with 34 I.P.C. seeks his enlargement on bail.
2. The occurrence has allegedly taken place on 3-11- 2006. The victim is a 15 year old girl. The petitioner surrendered on 9-11- 2006 before the Magistrate and was remanded to judicial custody where he continues.
3. Even though the Public Prosecutor opposed the application, having regard to the present stage of investigation and the other facts and circumstances of the case, I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner with effect from a future date. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail with effect from 18-12- 2006, on his executing a bond for Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M.-II, Sulthan Bathery, and subject to the following conditions:- Bail A.No. 7118/06 -:2:-
1. The petitioner shall not enter the limits of Kenichira Police Station until further orders.
2. The petitioner shall report before the Circle Inspector of Police, Pulpally, between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m.on all Wednesdays.
3. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
5. The petitioner shall surrender his passport, if any, before the Magistrate while executing the bail bond.
6. The petitioner shall not leave the territory of the State of Kerala without the previous written permission of the committal Magistrate. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
V.RAMKUMAR, JUDGE.Bail A.No. 7118/06 -:3:- ani.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.