High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
JAGADHEESAN, S/O.KUTTIKATTUTHODI RAMAN v. STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 7397 of 2006  RD-KL 3039 (11 December 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 7397 of 2006()
1. JAGADHEESAN, S/O.KUTTIKATTUTHODI RAMAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA,
For Petitioner :SRI.K.P.MUJEEB
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No.7397/2006
DATED: DECEMBER 11, 2006
O R D E RIn this Petition filed under Sec. 439 Cr.P.C. the petitioner who is the sole accused in Crime No.36/2006 of Nilambur Excise Range for an offence punishable under Sec.8(1) of the Abkari Act for having been found in possession of 5 liters of illicit arrack on 13.10.2006 and who was arrested on the same day, seeks bail.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor admitted that no charge has been filed against the petitioner within 60 days of detention of the petitioner. If so, by virtue of the proviso to sec.167(1) Cr.P.C., the petitioner is entitled to bail as of right. Accordingly the petitioner is directed to be released on bail on his executing a bond for Rs.20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M., Nilambur and subject to the following conditions:-
1. Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. Petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to Bail A.No.7397/2006 -:2:- tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
3. Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.