High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
K.P.SUBAIR, AGED 42 YEARS v. THE JOINT SECRETARY - WP(C) No. 31704 of 2006(Y)  RD-KL 3056 (11 December 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 31704 of 2006(Y)
1. K.P.SUBAIR, AGED 42 YEARS,
1. THE JOINT SECRETARY,
2. THE DISTRICT EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
3. THE VILLAGE OFFICER,
4. SPECIAL DEPUTY TAHSILDAR,
5. A.MUSTHAFA, S/O. MOIDEEN HAJI,
6. C.FAIZAL, S/O. MUHAMMED HAJI,
For Petitioner :SRI.SASTHAMANGALAM S. AJITHKUMAR
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice P.R.RAMAN
O R D E R
P.R.RAMAN, JUDGEW.P (C) No. 31704 of 2006
Dated this the 11th day of December 2006
J U D G M E N T
The challenge made in this writ petition is against Ext.P3 order dated 02/09/2005. But this writ petition is filed only on 23/11/2006, more than one year thereafter. There is no explanation for the delay in filing this writ petition. In such circumstances, no relief can be granted against Ext.P3. Ext.P4 is based on Ext.P3. Hence this writ petition is liable to be dismissed. However, pursuant to Ext.P4, revenue recovery proceedings were initiated against the petitioner. As per Ext.P4, a total amount of Rs. 47,817/- has to be recovered from the petitioner as arrears. The learned counsel appearing for the petitioner seeks a reasonable time for making the payment. I have heard the learned Government Pleader also.
2. In the facts and circumstances of the case, there would be a direction that in case, the petitioner discharges the liability and pays of the amount mentioned in Ext.P4, in three equal monthly instalments, further proceedings will be stand dropped. The first WP(C) No. 31704/2006 instalment shall fall due on or before 11/01/2007 and also on the same date of the following two months for the next two instalments. In case, any default is made, the entire amount will become due and shall be executed revenue recovery proceedings. This writ petition is disposed of as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.