High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
V.P.SAYED ALAVI ALIAS SAYED HAJI v. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Crl MC No. 4027 of 2006  RD-KL 3416 (13 December 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMCrl MC No. 4027 of 2006()
1. V.P.SAYED ALAVI ALIAS SAYED HAJI,
1. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
2. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
3. ABDUL LATHEEF, S/O.POCKER MASTER,
For Petitioner :SRI.K.M.SATHYANATHA MENON
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R. BASANT, J.CRL.M.C.NO. 4027 OF 2006
Dated this the 13th day of December, 2006
ORDERThe grievance of the petitioner is that the prosecution launched against him by the 3rd respondent herein on the basis of a private complaint alleging the offences punishable under Sec.420 of the IPC is kept pending unnecessarily consequent to the non-appearance of the witnesses for the complainant. The short prayer of the learned counsel for the petitioner is that the learned Magistrate may be directed to insist on production of witnesses by the complainant and the early termination of the proceedings may be brought about.
2. A copy of the order sheet is placed before me as Annexutre-A1. I do note that on a number of occasions the case is being adjourned for appearance of C.Ws.1 to 3.
3. I have no hesitation to agree with the learned counsel for the petitioner that the prosecution against the petitioner deserves to be completed as expeditiously as possible. The learned Magistrate must make every endeavour to ensure that the witnesses cited by the complainant are made available by CRL.M.C.NO. 4027 OF 2006 -: 2 :- the complainant to proceed with the trial and if he is unable to do the same, necessarily the consequences will have to follow.
4. In the result, this Crl.M.C. is allowed. The learned Magistrate shall ensure that C.C.No.195/05 is disposed of as expeditiously as possible - at any rate, within a period of three months from the date on which a copy of this order is placed before the learned Magistrate by the learned counsel for the petitioner.
5. Hand over a copy of this order to the learned counsel for the petitioner for production before the learned Magistrate. Sd/-
(R. BASANT, JUDGE)Nan/ //true copy// P.S. to Judge
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.