High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
GEORGE JOHN E.O v. BINESH G. - WP(C) No. 5326 of 2006(H)  RD-KL 366 (31 July 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 5326 of 2006(H)
1. GEORGE JOHN E.O,
2. RAJESH KUMAR,
3. RAVEENDRA KURUP,
4. SAM DANIEL,
5. ANIL KUMAR.P.K,
6. SOMASEKHARA PILLAI.V.V.M,
3. LISSY MATHAI,
4. PARANTHAL SERVICE CO-OPERATIVE BANK LTD.
5. ARBITRATOR/CO-OPERATIVE ARBITRATION
6. KERALA CO-OPERATIVE TRIBUNAL,
For Petitioner :SRI.D.SOMASUNDARAM
For Respondent :SRI.T.R.RAMACHANDRAN NAIR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.THANKAPPAN
O R D E R
K.THANKAPPAN, J.W.P.(C)NO. 5326 OF 2006
Dated this the 31st day of July, 2006
The petitioners are the elected Managing Committee members of the 4th respondent - Bank. The first respondent filed an Election Petition before the 5th respondent against the election of the petitioners. Though there was a preliminary objection regarding the maintainability of the petition, the 5th respondent as per Ext.P5 order found that the petition was maintainable. The Election Petition is now pending before the 5th respondent. Against Ext.P5 order, the petitioners filed R.P.No.258 of 2005 before the 6th respondent - Kerala Co-operative Tribunal, Thiruvananthapuram along with I.A.No.348 of 2005. The interlocutory application was dismissed against which this Writ Petition is filed.
2. Considering the facts and circumstances of the case and the nature of the reliefs sought for, it is only proper for this Court to give a direction to the 6th respondent to dispose of Ext.P6 Revision Petition as expeditiously as possible, at any rate within 60 days from the date of receipt of a copy of this judgment. W.P.(C)NO.5326/2006 2 Ordered accordingly. There will be a further direction that till a final decision is taken in the Revision Petition, the result of the Election Petition pending before the 5th respondent shall be kept in abeyance. The Writ Petition is disposed of with the above directions.
(K.THANKAPPAN, JUDGE)sp/ W.P.(C)NO.5326/2006 3
31ST JULY, 2006 W.P.(C)NO.5326/2006 4
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.