High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
MAMMUNJU, S/O.KARUTHUTTY v. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE - Bail Appl No. 7277 of 2006  RD-KL 3823 (19 December 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 7277 of 2006()
1. MAMMUNJU, S/O.KARUTHUTTY,
2. RAPHY, S/O.MOHAMMED ALI,
3. SADIQUE, S/O. MYTHEENKOYA,
4. SHAHOO, S/O.MOHAMMED ALI,
5. MOHISIN, S/O.MOHAMMED ALI,
6. SATAR, S/O. ABU,
1. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.K.J.SAJI ISAAC
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.B.A.No. 7277 OF 2006
DATED THIS THE 19TH DAY OF DECEMBER, 2006
O R D E RPetitioners who are accused Nos.1, 2, 4 and 5 in Crime No.122/06 of Perumbadappu Police Station for offences punishable under sections 143, 147, 148, 454, 324 and 308 read with section 149 IPC, seek anticipatory bail.
2. Learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. The occurrence took place on 5.7.2006 during the course of which the defacto complainant and three others were allegedly attacked with deadly weapons like sword, iron pipe, etc. The defacto complainant sustained 11 incised injuries.
4. Anticipatory bail cannot be granted in a case of this nature. There is no reason why the petitioners should not surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail. Accordingly, if the petitioners surrender before the Magistrate concerned and file an application for regular bail within 10 days from today, the same shall be considered and disposed of, preferably on the same date on which it is filed. With this direction, this petition is dismissed.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.