High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
C.T.PUNNOOSE v. THE JOINT REGISTRAR OF CO-OPERATIVE - WP(C) No. 34376 of 2006(P)  RD-KL 4062 (21 December 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 34376 of 2006(P)
2. JYOTHI PUNNOOSE,
1. THE JOINT REGISTRAR OF CO-OPERATIVE
2. THE KOTTAYAM DISTRICT CO-OPERATIVE BANK,
3. THE REGISTRAR OF CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETIES,
For Petitioner :SRI.C.S.MANILAL
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice J.M.JAMES
O R D E R
J.M.JAMES, J.W.P.(C). 34376/2006 Dated this the 21st day of December, 2006
The writ petitioners had defaulted the payment due to the second respondent, bank. Therefore, coercive steps had been initiated against them. They had filed Exts.P12 and P13 representations, praying that, they may be given One Time Settlement facilities and they would remit One Lakh Rupees.
2. I heard the arguments advanced by the learned Standing Counsel, the Senior Government Pleader and the counsel for the writ petitioners. After considering the submissions made by either side and the facts involved in this case, I direct the second respondent, bank, to consider Exts.P12 and P13 representations of the writ petitioners in accordance with Circular No.59/2006 dated 30.11.2006, extending all the facilities and benefits of One Time Settlement Scheme, to the petitioners. This shall be done within two weeks from the date of production of a W.P.(C).34376/2006 2 copy of this judgment.
3. Till a final decision is taken as directed above, no coercive steps shall be taken against the petitioners. The writ petition is disposed of as above. J.M.JAMES
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.