High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
AJIKUMAR S/O.LATE RAGHAVAN PILLAI v. STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 7444 of 2006  RD-KL 4198 (26 December 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 7444 of 2006()
1. AJIKUMAR S/O.LATE RAGHAVAN PILLAI,
2. BHAVANI AMMA, W/O.LATE RAGHAVAN PILLAI,
3. ANANDA RAJA, S/O.LATE RAGHAVAN PILLAI,
1. STATE OF KERALA,
2. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.M.K.CHANDRA MOHANDAS
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO.7444 OF 2006
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 26TH DAY OF DECEMBER, 2006
O R D E RIn this Petition filed under Sec.438 Cr.P.C. the petitioners who are accused Nos.1 to 3 in Crime No.1146/06 of Kottarakkara Police Station for an offence punishable under Section 498A read with section 34 I.P.C., seek anticipatory bail.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioners and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the allegations levelled against the petitioners and the other circumstances of the case, I am inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioners. Accordingly, a direction is issued to the officer-in-charge of the police station concerned to release petitioners on bail for a period of one month in the event of their arrest in connection with the above case on each of them executing a bond for Rs.10,000/- with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the said officer and subject to the following conditions:
1. Petitioners shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. Petitioners shall make themselves available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer. B.A.NO.7444/06 Page numbers
3. Petitioners shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall they attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. Petitioners shall not commit any offence while on bail.
5. Petitioners shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile. If the petitioners commit breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to them shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.