High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SANTHOSH @ KOCHUCHEMPAN v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 7628 of 2006  RD-KL 4217 (26 December 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 7628 of 2006()
1. SANTHOSH @ KOCHUCHEMPAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
2. EXCISE INSEPCTOR, KOTTARAKKARA EXCISE
For Petitioner :SRI.GEORGE VARGHESE(PERUMPALLIKUTTIYIL)
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bail Application No. 7628 of 2006
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
O R D E RIn this Petition filed under Sec. 439 Cr.P.C. the petitioner who is the sole accused in Cr. No. 111/2006 of Kottarakkara Excise Range for offences punishable under Secs.8(i) & (ii) of the Abkari Act, for allegedly having been found in possession of 10 liters of illicit arrack on 17/06/2006, seeks bail. He was arrested on 23/11/2006.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application submitting inter alia that the petitioner is an accused in another case involving similar abkari offence.
3. I am not satisfied that both the grounds enumerated under Clause (b)(ii) of Sec. 41 A of the Abkari Act are present in this case so as to justify the release of the petitioner on bail. This Application is accordingly dismissed.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.