High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
CHINNAMMA MATHEW v. VADAKKENCHERRY CO-OPERATIVE SERVICE - WP(C) No. 34620 of 2005(U)  RD-KL 526 (18 August 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 34620 of 2005(U)
1. CHINNAMMA MATHEW, W/O.LATE P.S.MATHEW,
1. VADAKKENCHERRY CO-OPERATIVE SERVICE
3. ASSISTANT REGISTRAR OF CO-OPERATIVE
4. JOINT REGISTRAR OF CO-OPERATIVE
5. REGISTRAR OF CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETIES,
For Petitioner :SRI.P.N.SASIDHARAN
For Respondent :SRI.P.B.SURESH KUMAR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.THANKAPPAN
O R D E R
K.THANKAPPAN, J.W.P.(C)NO. 34620 OF 2005
Dated this the 18th day of August, 2006
The petitioner has approached this Court for a direction to the respondents to disburse the amount covered by Fixed Deposit No.8674 for a sum of Rs.30,000/- outstanding in the name of the petitioners husband, late P.S.Mathew. with the first respondent - Bank.
2. There were two other Fixed Deposits also, the amounts of which were received by the petitioner. According to the petitioner, she filed several representations for withdrawing the amount, but the Bank is not disbursing the amount. The petitioner approached the Joint Registrar of Co-operative Societies (General), Palakkad who as per Ext.P11 order directed the petitioner to approach the Bank. She also approached the Assistant Registrar of Co-operative Societies (General), Alathur who issued Ext.P5 order directing the petitioner to approach the Bank with all the relevant documents for getting the amount deposited in the account of her late husband. The grievance of the petitioner is that inspite of the above, the Bank is not disbursing the amount to her. W.P.(C)NO.34620/2005 2
3. Considering the facts and circumstances of the case, there will be a direction to the first respondent - Bank to disburse to the petitioner the amount covered by Fixed Deposit No.8674 within 30 days from today. The petitioner shall produce a copy of this judgment before the first respondent for compliance. The Writ Petition is disposed of above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.