High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
K.M. ANTONY v. KERALA STATE CO-OPERATIVE ELECTION - WP(C) No. 15754 of 2006(A)  RD-KL 694 (11 September 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 15754 of 2006(A)
1. K.M. ANTONY, S/O. MARIMUTHU,
1. KERALA STATE CO-OPERATIVE ELECTION
2. THE REGISTRAR OF CO-OPERATIVE
3. THE JOINT REGISTRAR OF CO-OPERATIVE
4. THE ASSISTANT REGISTRAR
5. KANNAN DEVAN EMPLOYEES CO-OPERATIVE
For Petitioner :SRI.JOICE GEORGE
For Respondent :SRI.B.S.SWATHI KUMAR,SC.CO.OP.E COMMN.
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.THANKAPPAN
O R D E R
K.THANKAPPAN, J.W.P.(C)NO. 15754 OF 2006
Dated this the 11th day of September, 2006
The petitioner has approached this Court for a direction to the respondents to conduct the election to the Managing Committee of the a 5th respondent - Kannan Devan Employees Co-operative Society. The petitioner submits that the term of the Managing Committee expired long back and the 5th respondent is functioning through an administrator.
2. Admittedly, the term of the Managing Committee of the 5th respondent - Society expired long back and no steps have been taken by the authorities to conduct the election. Hence, Ext.P1 resolution was passed to take steps for conducting election. Exts.P2 and P3 are the report and letter of the Assistant Registrar and Joint Registrar respectively showing the steps taken for conducting the election. Ext.P4 is the communication issued by the first respondent postponing the election. Even though a new resolution was passed on 6.5.2006, election to the W.P.(C)NO.15754/2006 2 Managing Committee has not been conducted. In the above circumstances, there will be a direction to the third respondent - Joint Registrar of Co-operative Societies (General), Idukki to take steps for conducting the election to the Managing Committee of the 5th respondent - Society as early as possible, at any rate within three months from the date of receipt of a copy of this judgment. There will be direction to the 5th respondent to pass a resolution within 15 days from today requesting the third respondent to take immediate steps to conduct the election. The petitioner shall produce a copy of this judgment before the third respondent for compliance. The Writ Petition is disposed of as above.
(K.THANKAPPAN, JUDGE)sp/ W.P.(C)NO.15754/2006 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.