High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SHAJU. S., KETTIDATHIL HOUSE v. THE SECRETARY, DEPARTMENT OF - WP(C) No. 27809 of 2006(I)  RD-KL 10296 (14 June 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 27809 of 2006(I)
1. SHAJU. S., KETTIDATHIL HOUSE,
2. JIJU. S., PAPPADIYIL HOUSE,
1. THE SECRETARY, DEPARTMENT OF
2. THE DIRECTOR OF HEALTH SERVICES
3. THE DISTRICT MEDICAL OFFICER OF
4. THE ACCOUNTANT GENERAL (A & E), KERALA,
For Petitioner :SRI.R.VINOD
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.BALAKRISHNAN NAIR
O R D E R
K.BALAKRISHNAN NAIR, J.W.P.(C) No.27809 of 2006-I
Dated this the 14th day of June, 2007.
J U D G M E N T
The petitioners are the children of Smt.S. Leela who died while working as Nursing Superintendent Grade-I, in the District Hospital, Kollam, on 21-12-1997. The petitioners and their elder brother Biju have produced Ext.P2 legal heir certificate dated 10-12-1999 and claimed pensionary benefits. But, the said elder brother Biju died on 12-6-2001, as evident from Ext.P4. In view of the said development, the petitioners submitted, so far the terminal benefits due to them have not been released. So, this writ petition is filed seeking appropriate reliefs.
2. The learned Government Pleader, upon instruction, submitted that since a third person's name is shown in Ext.P2, other than the petitioners, clarification in this regard have been sought from the District Medical Officer, Kollam and that is the reason for the delay in releasing the amount, to the petitioners. Respondents 1 and 2 are directed to release the pensionary benefits payable in respect of the service of Smt.S. Leela to the petitioners, within three months from the date of receipt of a copy of WPC No. 27809 of 2006 2 this judgment. In the meantime they shall verify through the third respondent the death of the elder brother of the petitioners. The Writ Petition is disposed of as above. K.BALAKRISHNAN NAIR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.