High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
MOOSA, AGED 40, S/O. MOIDEEN v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 3694 of 2007  RD-KL 10622 (19 June 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 3694 of 2007()
1. MOOSA, AGED 40, S/O. MOIDEEN,
2. RASAQ, AGED 37, S/O. MOIDEEN,
3. MUJEED, AGED 35, S/O. YUSUF,
4. ASSAIN, AGED 32,
5. YUSUF, AGED 55,
6. RAJAN, AGED 28, S/O. MANIYAN,
7. JOHN, AGED 55,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.MANSOOR.B.H.
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, JB.A.No.3694 of 2007
Dated this the 19th day of June, 2007
ORDERApplication for anticipatory bail. Petitioners are accused 1 to 7. They initially faced allegations under Section 324 I.P.C only. They had surrendered before the police. They were enlarged on bail. Subsequently, allegations have been raised under Section 326 I.P.C also. The petitioners apprehend that they may be arrested again by the police.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor after taking instructions submits that though it is true that the section of the offence has been altered and the allegation of the petitioners of having committed the graver offence under Section 326 I.P.C has been raised, the police have no intention of rearresting the petitioners. The petitioners have already been arrested and it is not necessary for the purpose of investigation now to rearrest them.
3. That submission of the learned Public Prosecutor is taken note of and recorded. It is now evident that the apprehension of the petitioners is without basis.
4. This Bail Application is, in these circumstances, dismissed.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.