High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
P. ASHOK KUMAR v. THE COMMISSIONER OF POLICE - WP(C) No. 723 of 2007(J)  RD-KL 1078 (15 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 723 of 2007(J)
1. P. ASHOK KUMAR,
1. THE COMMISSIONER OF POLICE,
2. THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER OF POLICE,
3. THE CIRCLE INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.M.RAJASEKHARAN NAYAR
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice M.RAMACHANDRAN The Hon'ble MR. Justice M.N.KRISHNAN
O R D E R
M. RAMACHANDRAN & M.N.KRISHNAN, JJ.W.P(C).NO. 723 OF 2007 J
Dated this the 15th day of January, 2007
J U D G M E N T
Ramachandran, J.The allegation made in this writ petition is that the petitioner is unnecessarily being harassed. A gold worker, he is clean in his dealings, and police are after him for extraneous reasons.
2. When the writ petition had come up for admission, the Government Pleader was directed to get instructions in the matter. It is submitted presently that information had come to them about nefarious activities of the petitioner and it was required that he is questioned.
3. Although the petitioner very strongly has opposed the statement, we do not think, there is any harassment as such made out. The Police should ensure that only after giving a written intimation, presence of the petitioner for questioning is to be insisted. He will also be WP(C) NO.723 OF 2007 entitled to have company of a lawyer, when he is questioned. The writ petition is disposed of with the above direction.
M. Ramachandran, Judge
M.N.Krishnan, JudgeMbs/ WP(C) NO.723 OF 2007 M. RAMACHANDRAN &
A.K.BASHEER, JJW.P.(FC).NO. OF 200
J U D G M E N T
DATED: -11-2006WP(C) NO.723 OF 2007
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.