High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
JACOB MATHEW @ KUNJUMON, AGED 35 YEARS v. S.I. OF POLICE - Bail Appl No. 3755 of 2007  RD-KL 10866 (21 June 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 3755 of 2007()
1. JACOB MATHEW @ KUNJUMON, AGED 35 YEARS,
1. S.I. OF POLICE,
2. STATE OF KERALA,
For Petitioner :SRI.V.SETHUNATH
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, JB.A.No.3755 of 2007
Dated this the 21st day of June, 2007
ORDERThis is a second application for anticipatory bail. Earlier one was dismissed by another Bench of this Court giving the petitioner the option to surrender before the Investigating Officer on any day between 04.06.2007 and 06.06.2007. The petitioner did not avail of that opportunity. He has come to this Court now again with another anticipatory bail application.
2. The application is opposed. No justification whatsoever to maintain a second application for anticipatory bail is even urged before me. In these circumstances, I am satisfied that the petition deserves to be dismissed. However, the learned counsel for the petitioner submits that the earlier order passed by this Court permits him to surrender before the Investigating Officer between 04.06.2007 and 06.06.2007. He has not done the same. He may be permitted to surrender now, it is prayed.
3. I am satisfied that the said request can be accepted. If the petitioner surrenders before the Investigating Officer on 25.06.2007 at 10 a.m, the same shall be reckoned as sufficient compliance with the order dated 28.05.2007 and all other directions shall be observed by the Investigating Officer and the learned Magistrate. B.A.No.3755 of 2007 2
4. This application is, dismissed with the above observations.
5. Hand over a copy of this order to the learned counsel for the petitioner.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.