High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
S.SIVAPRASAD, POLICE CONSTABLE v. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE - WP(C) No. 11600 of 2004(E)  RD-KL 10915 (21 June 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 11600 of 2004(E)
1. S.SIVAPRASAD, POLICE CONSTABLE,
2. S.ABHIMANYU, POLICE CONSTABLE NO.T-6570,
1. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE
2. THE DIRECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE,
3. THE COMMISSIONER OF POLICE,
4. BHUVANACHANDRAN NAIR, P.C.NO.T-8016,
For Petitioner :SRI.GEORGE JACOB (JOSE)
For Respondent :GOVERNMENT PLEADER
The Hon'ble MR. Justice KURIAN JOSEPH
O R D E R
KURIAN JOSEPH , J
W.P.(C) NO. 11600 OF 2004
Dated this the 21st day of June, 2007
The writ petition is filed with the following needs:
i) to issue a writ in the nature of certiorari or other appropriate writ or order quashing Exts. P4, P5 and P7. ii) to issue a declaration that the 3rd respondent had issued the impugned list by reviewing the list of 1987 in contravention of the directions issued by the Division Bench of this Hon'ble Court in Ext.P3 judgement. iii) to issue a writ in the nature of mandamus or other appropriate writ or order directing the 3rd respondent to set right all the mistakes and anomalies and illegalities in Exts. P4, P5 and P7 and other related lists by reckoning 564 vacancies in the local police during the year 1998 and removing the 184 persons inducted in the 1998 list from 1987 list and restoring them to 1987 list.
2. It is seen that the petitioners are aggrieved by the proceedings of the Commissioner of Police. According to them, the said authority has not given effect to Ext.P3 judgment. Since, the impugned action is only at the level of the Commissioner of Police, it is certainly open to the petitioners to bring their grievance to the notice of the 1st respondent, it is submitted by the Government Pleader. Accordingly, this writ petition is disposed of as follows: W.P.(C) No. 11600/2004 : 2 : In the event of petitioners approaching the 1st respondent within a period of two months from today, the grievance will be considered by the 1st respondent with notice to the petitioners and the 4th respondent and appropriate orders, in accordance with law, adverting to the contentions taken by the parties shall be passed in another four months.
KURIAN JOSEPH, JUDGE.rv W.P.(C) No. 11600/2004 : 3 :
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.