High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
YESHUKUNJU Y., S/O.YAGAPPAN v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY ITS - Bail Appl No. 3839 of 2007  RD-KL 11324 (26 June 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 3839 of 2007()
1. YESHUKUNJU Y., S/O.YAGAPPAN,
2. JUSTIN ROY, S/O.YESHUKUNJU,
3. FRANKLIN PAUL, S/O.YAGAPPAN,
4. BABU, S/O.ANTONY, THOTTAM PURAYIDAM,
5. BABU, S/O.GEORGE,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY ITS
2. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.BABU JOSEPH KURUVATHAZHA
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, J.B.A.No.3839 of 2007
Dated this the 26th day of June 2007
O R D E RApplication for regular bail. The petitioners are accused 1 to 8. The alleged incident took place at 7 p.m on 2/6/2007. The petitioners were allegedly members of an unlawful assembly of persons who allegedly attacked the victim and caused injuries to him including serious injuries. The petitioners were arrested on 4/6/2007. They continue in custody from that date.
2. The learned counsel for the petitioner prays, the learned Public Prosecutor does not seriously oppose the said prayer on condition that the investigating officer is granted reasonable further time to complete the investigation and I am satisfied that regular bail can be granted to the petitioner subject to appropriate conditions which will ensure the interests of fair, efficient and expeditious investigation.
3. In the result, this petition is allowed. The petitioner
shall be released on bail on the following terms
i) The petitioner shall not be released on bail on the strength of this order prior to 03/07/2007. The police shall, in the meantime, make every endeavour to complete the investigation. ii) He shall execute a bond for Rs.50,000/- (Rupees fifty thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like sum to the satisfaction of the learned Magistrate. iii) The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation before the investigating officer between 10 a.m and 12 noon on all Mondays and Fridays, for a period of three months. Thereafter as and when directed by the investigating officer in writing to do so.
(R.BASANT, JUDGE)jsr B.A.No.3839/07 3 B.A.No.3839/07 4
ORDER21ST DAY OF MAY2007
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.