High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
CONFEDERATION OF CONSUMER VIGILANCE v. CORPORATION OF THIRUVANANTHAPURAM - WP(C) No. 19669 of 2007(S)  RD-KL 11337 (27 June 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 19669 of 2007(S)
1. CONFEDERATION OF CONSUMER VIGILANCE
1. CORPORATION OF THIRUVANANTHAPURAM,
2. TOWN PLANNING OFFICER,
3. ASSISTANT EXECUTIVE ENGINEER,
4. COMMUNIST PARTY OF INDIA,
5. BHARATHIYA JANATHA PARTY,
For Petitioner :SRI.BLAZE K.JOSE
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble the Chief Justice MR.H.L.DATTU The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.T.SANKARAN
O R D E R
H.L.DATTU, C.J. & K.T.SANKARAN,J.W.P.(C). NO. 19669 OF 2007
Dated this the 27th June, 2007
H.L.DATTU, C.J. A voluntary organization is before us for the following reliefs. They are as under:
"i) Issue a writ of mandamus or any other appropriate writ, order or direction commanding respondents 1 to 3 to complete the work of the cleaning the drainage from Kuriyathi to Killi river by demolishing all the unauthorized construction obstructing the drainage and the cleaning work as expeditiously as possible, at any rate within a reasonable time fixed by this Honourable Court. ii) Any other appropriate writ, order or direction as this Honourable Court may deem fit on the facts and in the circumstances of the case; and iii) allow this petition with all costs."
2. In our view, before approaching this Court the petitioner organization ought to have made all the efforts for redressal of its grievances by approaching the respondents. If, for any reason, in spite of their best efforts if they do not get any redressal of their grievances, then only they should approach this Court for appropriate reliefs.
3. In that view of the matter, without expressing any opinion on the merits or demerits of the petitioner's case, for the present, we dispose of this writ petition. We reserve liberty to the petitioner organization to make all its efforts before the respondents for redressal W.P.(C). NO.19669 OF 2007 of all its grievances. If they fail in their attempt, we reserve liberty to them to approach this Court once again. Ordered accordingly. (H.L.DATTU) Chief Justice (K.T.SANKARAN) Judge ahz/
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.