High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
KONGAYI MUSTHAFA, S/O ABDULLA v. STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 3953 of 2007  RD-KL 11465 (28 June 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 3953 of 2007()
1. KONGAYI MUSTHAFA, S/O ABDULLA,
2. MOTTACHI FAIZAL @ KAKKOTAKATH FAIZAL,
3. P.V.MUSAMMIL, S/O.K.V.KUNHAMMAD,
4. P.ABDUL RASAK, S/O.ABDUL AZEES,
5. N.V.MANAF, S/O.MUHAMMAD KUNHI,
1. STATE OF KERALA,
For Petitioner :SRI.V.RAJAGOPAL
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, JB.A.No.3953 of 2007
Dated this the 28th day of June, 2007
ORDERApplication for regular bail. Petitioners are accused 1, 9, 15, 16 & 17. They face allegations for offences punishable, inter alia, under Section 436 read with 149 I.P.C. They have been arrested on various dates between 08.05.2007 and 14.05.2007. On account of political animosity between the workers of the IUML and the CPI(M), the petitioners allegedly attacked a tailor shop of a person belonging to the other political group. The petitioners have been continuing in custody from the dates of their arrest.
2. The learned counsel for the petitioners prays, the learned Public Prosecutor does not seriously oppose the said prayer and I am satisfied that the petitioners can now be released on bail subject, of course, to appropriate conditions.
3. In the result, this application is allowed. The petitioners
shall be released on bail on the following
terms and conditions.
i) The petitioners shall execute bonds for Rs.50,000/- (Rupees Fifty thousand only)each with two solvent sureties each for the like sum to the satisfaction of the learned Magistrate; ii) The petitioners shall make themselves available for interrogation before the Investigating Officer between 10 a.m and 12 B.A.No.3953 of 2007 2 noon on all Mondays and Fridays for a period of two months and thereafter as and when directed by the Investigating Officer in writing to do so. iii) The petitioners shall not, for a period of one month from the date of their release, enter the jurisdiction of Thaliparamba Police Station except for the purpose of complying with condition No.(ii) above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.