High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
P.R. PRASANNAKUMARI, W/O.RAVEENDRAN NAIR v. TRAVANCORE DEVASWOM BOARD - WP(C) No. 28494 of 2006(P)  RD-KL 11482 (28 June 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 28494 of 2006(P)
1. P.R. PRASANNAKUMARI, W/O.RAVEENDRAN NAIR
2. R.S. REMA DEVI, W/O. SASIDARAN,
1. TRAVANCORE DEVASWOM BOARD,
2. THE ACCOUNTANT GENERAL, KERALA,
3. THE DEO KUTTANAD,
4. THE DEO THIRUVALLA, PIN-689101.
For Petitioner :SRI.SAJITH KUMAR V.
For Respondent :SRI.K.N.VENUGOPALA PANICKER, SC, TDB
The Hon'ble MR. Justice A.K.BASHEER
O R D E R
A.K.BASHEER, J.W.P.(C)No.28494 OF 2006
Dated this the 28th day of June, 2007
Petitioners are working as Headmistresses in aided Higher Secondary Schools at Thakazhi and Ramankari respectively, under the management of respondent no.1. They pray for issuance of a writ of certiorari to quash Exts.P1 and P2 orders issued by respondents 2 and 3 respectively. By the impugned orders, petitioners have been directed to refund the alleged excess amount received by them as salary pursuant to re-option.
2. Learned Government Pleader submits that the issue as regards the right of the Government to recover excess payment is covered against the petitioners in view of the judgment in Writ appeal 1441/04. But the date of option of higher grade and other service particulars have to be ascertained with reference to the service records. She submits that the above exercise may have to be carried out by the Government. To that extent the petitioner may not be W.P.(C)No.28494 OF 2006 entitled to get a relief from this court. Therefore, petitioners are directed to submit a representation before the Government in this regard, on receipt of which the Government shall take a decision in the matter after affording sufficient opportunity to the petitioners to be heard, as expeditiously as possible, at any rate, within three months from the date of receipt thereof. Writ petition is disposed of in the above terms.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.