High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
P.SREEGANESAN PILLAI v. KERALA STATE ELECTRICITY BOARD - WP(C) No. 196 of 2007(W)  RD-KL 117 (2 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 196 of 2007(W)
1. P.SREEGANESAN PILLAI,
2. J.SURESH KUMAR,
3. SACHU G.,
4. G.VIKRAMAN PILLAI,
5. RASHEED S.,
6. SIRAJUDEEN M.,
1. KERALA STATE ELECTRICITY BOARD,
2. THE CHIEF ENGINEER, (HRM),
3. ANTONY WILFRED,
For Petitioner :SRI.M.V.THAMBAN
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.K.DENESAN
O R D E R
K.K.DENESAN, JW.P.(C)NO. 196 of 2007
Dated this the 2nd day of January, 2007
The petitioners are working as Meter Readers under the respondent Board. Exts.P4 to P10 representations filed by them are pending with the second respondent. The request made by the petitioners is that they should be given the benefit of promotion to the post of Meter Reader with effect from the date of occurrence of vacancy and not from the date of order of promotion.
2. Legal Laision Officer for the respondents 1 and 2 submits that the grievance of the petitioners will be looked into and appropriate decision will be taken.
3. in the above circumstances, it is not necessary to issue notice to respondents 3 and 4.
4. The writ petition is disposed of directing the second respondent to afford an opportunity of being heard to the first petitioner on his behalf as also on behalf of the other petitioners and to the 3rd and 4th respondents and to take appropriate decision, in accordance with law, within two months on the first petitioner producing a copy of the judgment.
K.K.DENESAN, JUDGEcss/ W.P.(C)No. 2
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.