High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SHAMSUDEEN, MELUTTIL VEEDU v. NEDUMPANA GRAMA PANCHAYAT - WP(C) No. 16698 of 2007(K)  RD-KL 11775 (2 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 16698 of 2007(K)
1. SHAMSUDEEN, MELUTTIL VEEDU,
1. NEDUMPANA GRAMA PANCHAYAT,
2. SECRETARY, NEDUMPANA GRAMA PANCHAYAT,
3. PAREED KUNJU, S/O.ABDUL KAREEM,
4. SULAIMAN, S/O.KOCHUKUNJU,
For Petitioner :SRI.S.SANTHOSH KUMAR
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.M.JOSEPH
O R D E R
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
W.P.(C).No.16698 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dated this the 2nd day of July, 2007
Complaint of the petitioner in brief is as follows: Petitioner is a licensed vendor of mutton in Kannanalloor Public Market under Thrikkovilvattom Gramma Panchayat. It is the further case that Muttakkavu junction which is in nearby Nedumpana Grama Panchayat is situated within 1 km from Kannanalloor Public Market. It is the case of the petitioner that respondents 3 and 4 are engaged in unauthorised sales of meat and mutton in Muttakkavu junction. They have no licence to vend meat and mutton, it is stated. It is also stated that the unauthorised sales of meat done by respondents 3 and 4 were brought to the notice of the respondent-Panchayat requesting to take steps to prohibit the same. But, the respondents are not taking any action. Ext.P3 lawyer notice is also issued, is the case of the petitioner.
2. I heard learned counsel for respondents 1 and 2 also. WPC No.16698/07. 2 The writ petition is disposed of directing the second respondent to consider and take a decision on Ext.P3 in accordance with law after affording an opportunity of hearing to the petitioner and respondents 3 and 4 within a period of six weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of this judgment.
(K.M.JOSEPH, JUDGE)sv. WPC No.16698/07. 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.