High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
A.GIRISH, S/O.SANJEEVA POOJARY v. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY ITS - Bail Appl No. 4001 of 2007  RD-KL 11804 (3 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 4001 of 2007()
1. A.GIRISH, S/O.SANJEEVA POOJARY,
2. A.VINAYAKUMAR, S/O.SUNDARA, AGE 19,
1. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY ITS
2. EXCISE INSPECTOR, KUMBALA EXCISE RANGE.
For Petitioner :SRI.M.RAMESH CHANDER
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, JB.A.No.4001 of 2007
Dated this the 3rd day of July, 2007
ORDERApplication for regular bail. The petitioners face allegations under the Kerala Abkari Act. They were allegedly found to be kept in their possession 650 X 100 (65 litres) of Karnataka arrack. They were arrested and they continue in custody from 09.06.2007.
2. The learned counsel for the petitioners prays, the learned Public Prosecutor does not seriously oppose the said prayer on condition that the Investigator is given reasonable further time to complete the investigation and I am satisfied that the petitioners can now be enlarged on bail subject to appropriate terms and conditions. The learned Public Prosecutor submits that the petitioners are not involved in any other previous crime.
3. In the result, this application is allowed. The petitioners
shall be released on bail on the following
terms and conditions.
i) The petitioners shall not be released on the strength of this order prior to 17.07.2007. The Investigators shall in the meantime make every endeavour to complete the investigation ii) The petitioners shall execute bonds for Rs.75,000/- (Rupees Seventy five thousand only) each with two solvent sureties each for the like sum to the satisfaction of the learned Magistrate; B.A.No.4001 of 2007 2 iii) The petitioners shall make themselves available for interrogation before the Investigating Officer between 10 a.m and 12 noon on all Mondays and Fridays for a period of two months from the date of their release and thereafter as and when directed by the Investigating Officer in writing to do so.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.